Relief Clerk (Free Store)
Job Title: Relief Clerk (Free Store & Donor Hall)
Rate of Pay: $9.87
Employment Status: Part Time (12:00 - 5:00 Mon. - Thurs. and alternating 2nd Sat. 9:00-1:00)
· You are the face of Charitable Union no matter what job you are doing. Good customer service skills are a must, smiling, courteous to all client shoppers, donors and volunteers, please and thank you, etc.
· Responsible for checking families out in our Free Store. This includes providing customer service, documenting items received, and providing assistance as needed.
· Responsible for restocking, organizing, and cleaning the Free Store daily.
· Train in all areas of Charitable Union client services: Donor Hall, Garage, Free Store, Reception Desk, and Basement area.
· Good customer service skills required; ability to communicate with consumers, volunteers, staff and public.
· Every Thursday you will work in the Donor Hall. Receiving, organizing, and processing donations received daily. Assisting donors with donations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma, GED or attending high school, CATC, or other school alternatives may be considered.
· Ability to perform physical work, follow directions and work with public.
· Second Language a plus.
· Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Software.
· Commitment to the mission and goals of the organization.
· Good communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to: follow directions, organize and keep work-space clean, move quickly during high volume periods, instruct volunteers on how to assist you with tasks that need to be completed in your area.
· Able to vacuum, break down boxes, take trash to dumpster, pick up trash outside of building.
· Physical range of motion includes bending, stooping, lifting and moving bags and boxes weighing 25 lbs. or more, climbing steps, climbing ladder, climbing step stool, sorting donations, sitting or standing for long periods of time, stretching or raising arms over head.
· Flexible team environment.
Safety Equipment Required:
· Appropriate shoes and clothing for tasks being performed.