Relief Clerk (Free Store & Donor Hall) Multiple Positions
Job Title: Relief Clerk (Free Store & Donor Hall) - position available
Rate of Pay: $9.50
Employment Status: Part Time
Position #2 Hours: 12:30 - 5:00 Mon., Tues., Wed., Thurs. and some 2nd Sat. 9:00-1:00
· Work in conjunction with fellow team members, as well as volunteers, to promote the mission of Charitable Union, which is to contribute to human dignity by providing clothing, bedding and household goods, at no charge, and connect people to resources in the community. Provide quality customer service to all clients, donors, customers, staff and volunteers.
· You are the face of Charitable Union no matter what job you are doing. Good customer service skills are a must, smiling, courteous to all client shoppers, donors and volunteers, please and thank you, etc.
· Check-in all clients prior to shopping in the Client Store
· Verify all daily/weekly/monthly reports for customer shopping, ensuring all notes are up-to-date
· Good customer service skills required; ability to communicate with clients, volunteers, staff and any public.
· Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma, GED or attending high school, CATC, or other school alternatives may be considered.
· Ability to perform physical work, follow directions and work with public
· Second Language a plus
· Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Software
· Commitment to the mission and goals of the organization
· Good communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to: follow directions, organize and keep work space clean, move quickly during high volume periods, instruct volunteers on how to assist you with tasks that need to be completed in your area.
· Able to vacuum, break down boxes, take trash to dumpster, pick up trash outside of building.
· Physical range of motion includes bending, stooping, lifting and moving bags and boxes weighing 25 lbs. or more, climbing steps, climbing ladder, climbing step stool, sorting donations, sitting or standing for long periods of time, stretching or raising arms over head.
· Flexible team environment.
Safety Equipment Required:
· Appropriate shoes and clothing for tasks being performed.